COVID-19 safe protocol
- Wear a mask at all times inside the studio.
- Check-in upon arrival using the QR code.
- Sanitise your hands upon arrival.
- Do not bring guests to your appointment.
- Come straight in for your appointment and avoid entering the main studio reception –
I work at the upstairs studio at Fine Lines, it’s a smaller glass door on the right side with the number 1/496 on it.
Let me know if you have any accessibility requirements so I can adjust accordingly.
- If you feel unwell, please stay home and contact me to reschedule.
Before your appointment
- Ensure the area to be tattooed is clean and free of oils, moisturiser, or tanning products.
- Shave the area if needed.
- Have a meal and drink enough water in the hours before your session to avoid physical discomfort (we have a restroom available at the studio).
- Avoid wearing white or expensive clothing – I will be careful but some ink smudging might occur. Make sure the clothes provide easy access to the area to be tattooed.
After your appointment
- If wearing cling wrap, remove as soon as you get home and clean with warm water and neutral soap. Do not cover again.
- If wearing the second skin bandage, leave it on for up to 3 days, as long as it’s not irritating your skin.
If irritating the skin, remove right away and clean with warm water and neutral soap.
Warm water and steam will make it easier to remove the second skin – however, the are might remain sticky for a few days.
- After removing the plastic, keep the area clean and covered with soft clothes for the first couple days.
- Use a small amount of aftercare balm 3 to 4 times a day, for at least a week.
I recommend Marked! aftercare balm and have it for sale at the studio if you’d like to get it at the end of your appointment. Alternatively, you can use bepanthen (not vegan though), pawpaw ointment or coconut oil.
- Do not over moisturise or cover with cling wrap.
- Avoid wearing stockings or any harsh fabric too tight over the tattoo.
- Avoid scratching or picking the scabs as it might interfere with the healing.
- Avoid swimming for at least 2 weeks to prevent infections.